Yesterday, I joined Charles Payne for Earnings Watchlist Monday, along with my take on Warren Buffett’s annual letter to shareholders.
Check it out here:
— Simpler Trading (@simplertrading) February 27, 2023
Warren Buffett is arguably one of the best investors of all time. I think we can take a lot of tidbits from him and his annual letter to shareholders.
Here are a few of my favorite nuggets:
- “Please note particularly that we own publicly-traded stocks based on our expectations about their long-term business performance, not because we view them as vehicles for adroit purchases and sales. That point is crucial: Charlie and I are not stock-pickers; we are business pickers.”
- “The world is full of foolish gamblers, and they will not do as well as the patient investor.”
- “Don’t bail away in a sinking boat if you can swim to one that is seaworthy.”
- “There is no such thing as a 100% sure thing when investing. Thus, the use of leverage is
dangerous. A string of wonderful numbers times zero will always equal zero. Don’t count
on getting rich twice.”
- “You have to keep learning if you want to become a great investor. When the world changes,
you must change.”
I know we focus a lot on short-term trading takes, but looking at your long-term investment strategy, especially amid this drawn-out bear market, makes a lot of sense.
Like Warren Buffett, I focus on buying stocks with solid businesses demonstrating a long-term bullish trend on the weekly chart pattern, increasing EPS + revenue numbers, and growing dividends. I like to buy stocks of companies in which I like and use their products. When you follow a company’s business or use its products, you can better judge if that company is growing or dying.
P.S. Want to learn more? Join me in the Simpler Trading Options Gold Room! You can find me there weekly on Tuesday & Wednesday from 1-2pm CT.